Friday 8 August 2008

I don't understand the BBC. I thought I did

I never wanted to rant on me blog, just wanted to kind be positive but... I just don't understand what the BBC are up to. I keep coming across it and now its getting blatant.

I just want to post this up because if you know what they're doing. It doesn't manipulate you quite as much. It could be called propaganda, but in whose name? I don't know.

Case in point:


So someone was telling me I got to look at the olympics opening ceremony. There's crazy lights, people running round globes, fireworks, giant scrolls. Some cool stuff.

So I head over to the BBC to have a gander.

To the top news story:

Spectacular opening for Olympics

I was kind of hoping they'd describe this huge firework, globey scroll light show thang. Maybe post a video, or some pictures. Like it says in the title 'Spectacular opening for Olympics!'

But if you click on it you get a couple of lines saying:

China has presented a dramatic display of fireworks, music and dancing to mark the opening of its Beijing Olympics.

And a couple more lines. And thats it.

Then you get a looooooong article about bomb threats, pollution, protests, troops, police. ANd it just goes on and on and on and on. Yeah its all true, scary, and China is very naughty. But....

If the story was called 'Controversey over Olympics'. That'd be fine. But the story is called ''Spectacular opening for Olympics'.

Thats manipulation and I don't like it.

No comments:

 
Rock Music Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory My Zimbio