Monday 18 August 2008

Resonance FM

Its kind a normal for me to find out about things years after they're going on. Resonance FM is typical of this. But anyone I walk up to and go, you gotta here this radio thang, they kind a go 'huh?' too.

To be honest I had heard of it before but I've always tuned in during the day and all I ever seem to hear was people talking about their day at work, social workers and that kind thing. It didn't tickle me.

But recently I been tuning in on me journey home each day for about 20 minutes before it loses its signal to fricking BBC Berkshire playing the Logical Song. And each day I curse the BBC and Supertramp.

So what is it? Well I don't know how to sum it up, in fact I won't. All I can do is list the variety of stuff I've heard over the last couple of months:

. Gramophone recordings of the wind blowing from 1928
. A Jazz band tuning up for half an hour
. Mike Mignola talking about Hellboy
. Paul from Artrocker playing arty rocky things
. 1960s Tape Club Recordings of Cricket matches and fetes and things
. Oscar Z. Acosta and poetry
. Discussion about the type faces used in comics
. lots and lots of strange noises
. No fricking adverts

I am in love. I am happier than the Joker testing out a new pencil sharpener.

Check it here - Resonance FM

No comments:

 
Rock Music Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory My Zimbio