Monday 10 March 2008

Jacob's Mouse No Fish Shop Parking

If its not psych, garage or suicidal, chances are some seminal records that no one noticed when they came out and no one noticed when they hit bargain bin will ever get noticed. I can't wait to go see the Sonics in a couple of weeks, it a frickin miracle that they're playing. I wanna see more things like this happen and I'm gonna put forward that these guys should be in the queue. Jacob's Mouse. And this record, No Fish Shop Parking.

I don't know why they got forgotten, maybe its the singing drummer thing, long hair, bury st. edmunds, but this record stands up there with pixies come on, pilgrim for me, if not better. When it came out it, it hit you the same way as Pilgrim with a sideways blow of what rockin music could sound like. If you took all the shininess out yeah yeah yeahs, recorded it deep underground with menace and kubrick stare you kinda be there. Do that 15 years ago as well. I aint gonna go into each song n stuff but if yer pass it in a bargain bucket or down the exchange for £2, pick it up and turn it on. Group of Seven and Rubber room are cool too.

No comments:

 
Rock Music Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory My Zimbio