Thursday 3 April 2008

The Optimistists of Nine Elms dvd

I got an itch fer Peter Sellers films and this is one I been waiting for a long while to re-appear. Its about some kids, a dog and peter sellers entertaining them with his busking. Yup, I don't expect you lot to go queueing at the stores fo it. I will be one of about three people who buy it.

But the really special thing about this film is London. Its the London of docks, mud, soot, rust, industry, busses, kids roaming about, london town circa 1973. And most of it in the film is very real right down to the buskers and bus routes. Important stuff. Stuff thats not even in the history books to be erased, stuff that fades. All before I was born but there's no other film that stinks of London of when I was a kid like this one.

No comments:

 
Rock Music Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory My Zimbio