Tuesday 24 June 2008

Sound of Confusion Interview

Tibbles transcribed some of the interview between me n Kev on the Sound of Confusion show. Well, here it be...

And also its my pleasure to announce I’m joined by Delmondo Fox from Bootstrap tonight. You may remember them from such Sound of Confusion classics as Cecille, Englands Dead and Marylou. You alright Delmondo?

Allo

Alright?

Mighty Fine

Good! Gonna give us a couple of tunes later?

Yeah Definitely.

Being a bass player, you’ve turned up with a five string guitar there?

Well, I’m gonna progress onto six strings shortly after the show.

Excellent. You’ve been having trouble with your G-string on the way down. Quite literally, that’s me not doing a silly gag.

It was kinda sounding like a wedgie.

Right. OK….is it all sorted now.

Its gonna hum

Right. We’ve had a question in for you from a Tim. Where do you get the names for all yer band members from because his daughter would like to know?

I get em off crisp packets.

Crisp packets?

The ingredients.

Right. OK…

If its below 60% I usually don’t consider it as a good band name but above 60% its good.

Fair enough then…if anyone else has got any questions, get in touch…you gonna give us a tune now then?

Yeah!

What are you going to play?

Well this ones called All Aboard. Which ummm., you know Paul. When we were doing the Camel Rock festival we were having a lot of trouble getting here. We lost our drummer to New Zealand who later got replaced by Tim. And I landed my car in the ditch and had a whole load of problems. I was on the phone to Paul every night and decided to write a song about it…

[All Aboard]

Got another question for you Delmondo! Is it true you look like Johnny Depp? That’s from Tania, thought it might be somebody you knew.

Yeah Tania and me are intimate friends. Only she would know.

Yeah, alright. So. Is it true you look like Johnny Depp?

Well I like to consider Johnny looks like me.

That’s probably a better way of looking at it.

It’s the better way. He’s an actor. He’s just getting in character all the time.

Yeah. Basically. Well obviously. In the Pirates of the Caribbean films he’s based his character on Keith Richards apparently.

Yeah. Who also looked to me for influence?

Of course he did. That’s why he plays a five string guitar like you do.

Exactly

As we discussed earlier.

Though he knocked out the wrong string

Alright. Fair dooz…..Do you want some questions then? Alice would like to know when you’re albums gonna come out and how we can get hold of it.

Well some of you might know who read the blog is that the album is supposed to be out. But when it was delivered by the manufacturers we got a 1000 cds of german reggae.

That’s brilliant

Its not brilliant.

German reggae. That sounds amazing.

Its an impressive story but it was like god dang.

So is there some german reggae band that’s like got a 1000 Bootstrap cds or something?

Yeah! They’re probably chuffed to the moon. Coz they haven’t sent them to me yet.

What else have we got? Emily would like to know what your favourite colour is? Which is an imaginative question.

Coloury?

Whats yer favourite colour?

Colour? No, I’m stuck on the word calorie.

Calorie? Whats yer favourite calorie? Yeah that’s a far more interesting question.

I reckon around 165

Yeah?

Yeah

Ok

Which is probably turquoise.

Right OK.

You were teaching me all about turquoise the other day.

I was…I was teaching you about the shades of the sea. Coz you don’t get much sea in Aylesbury.


Not a lot. It has to be really high tide to reach Aylesbury.


Thats it fer now...There's more interview somewhere and we've got the live recordings now from the show, which we'll put up in the future somehow for y'all. Cheers to all who phoned in.

No comments:

 
Rock Music Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory My Zimbio